Monday, September 8, 2008

Sep 6th - North Dakota Badlands





Greetings!

With one more stop on the Norwegian history tour, we drove west from Fargo to Medora, North Dakota. It's the entrance to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, and a perfect weekend pause to get in some walking and beautiful landscapes. Not bad for the animals, with priarie dogs outnumbering everyone.

Tomorrow, we'll drive north to Ray. It's the town where my grandfather and great grandfather's families lived during the period from 1910 to 1940. My grandfather was police chief, and I hope to find some information on his tenure from the city hall and the newspaper archives. My great-grandfather owned a large farm outside of town, and I hope I can track it's location down from city records.

To view all of the photographs for the day, click on: Sep 6th North Dakota Badlands

No comments: